Week 8 Reading and Writing

I think the biggest accomplishment for this class so far has been the progress I've made on my Storybook.  I'm very proud of how the website has been turning out, and it's been fun to geek out about Percy Jackson things for class!  I showed the website to my younger brother, who is twelve years old and a massive Percy Jackson fan, and he loved the Introduction--his reaction made me so proud of my work. :)  

My favorite reading so far was the Aesop's Fables section I think.  I remember reading them in elementary school, so it's fun to look back with more mature eyes.  The process I have for the reading notes has been serving me well for remembering what happened in the story I'm retelling when I sit back down to write.  The story retelling that I'm most proud of at this point is probably "The Killing of the Dragon," because it was fun to look at a folktale through a different culture's lens.

European robin (Jan Meeus on Unsplash)

My favorite photo that I've used on my blog website is probably the one of the European robin above.  This photo was attached to my story "Death of a Robin."  I recall being so excited when I found it, because the story I was retelling had a robin in it and was set in Europe, and when I was looking for images to include, I remembered from my Ornithology class that European robins look different than American robins.  It was just a fun moment when two of the classes I'm taking this semester intersected.  The photo itself is nice to look at too, which is another reason it's my favorite!

I'm not sure that there's currently much more I could be doing to get more out of this class at the moment.  If I had all the time in the world, I would probably get really creative with my reading notes or story formats, but unfortunately, the semester has been busy enough that I haven't been able to experiment much.  But I'm still very satisfied with the stories I've been writing, and I'm quite excited about the future of my Storybook project!

Comments

Popular Posts