Week 8 Comments and Feedback

 I think the feedback I've been getting from my peers in the class have been generally quite helpful to me.  On a scale of 1-10 (ten being the best feedback ever), I would rank the feedback from this class at 6-7.  I find encouraging comments to be helpful because they let me know that I'm on the right track, that I'm writing stories that are interesting to other people.  But I also find more critical comments useful when they are specific enough that I know what to fix next time, maybe offering me a suggestion for change moving forward.

In terms of the feedback that I'm giving others, on a scale of 1-10, I'd rank my feedback around a 7.  I've mostly been using the WWW strategy for feedback, and if I had more time to devote to comments in my busy schedule, I would probably experiment more with feedback styles.  It's been fun to see other peoples' stories and get ideas for new ways to be creative!

I've really enjoyed commenting on my peers' Introduction blog posts--it's like a little snapshot of their lives.  I'm still very pleased with my own Introduction.  If anything, I would add more details to it so that people can know my personality better, because I've loved reading other Introductions that are very specific in detail.

In the future, I want to make sure to continue to offer concrete suggestions for improvement on other peoples' blog posts, since that's what I find helpful for myself.  I also want to make sure to continue to be encouraging and supportive as well, because writing is a vulnerable process.  In order to make the most of other peoples' comments on my own stories, perhaps I can write down a list of suggestions from the previous week to use on my newest story as I'm writing it.  I don't think I currently want to change anything.

Encouraging cat (Feedback Cats)

Comments

Popular Posts