Week 2 Reading Overview

Below is the reading plan that I have crafted for myself for this semester:

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Saints and Animals

Week 4: Aesop's Fables (Jacobs)

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Santal Folklore

Week 6: Sindbad

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Nigeria

Week 9: China

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Great Plains

Week 11: Alaska

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: English Fairy Tales

Week 13: Celtic Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Brothers Grimm (Hunt)

Week 15: Dante's Inferno

(Aesop's Fables book cover, doodidooda)

Of the units that I've selected above, I think there are several that I'm excited about.  Any of the stories that feature animal mythology are fascinating to me, because I love reading about animals, even when they are anthropomorphized.  I'm also intrigued by Dante's Inferno, since I've heard good things about it but have never read it, and Nigeria, as I don't have much experience with African mythology.  I'm not sure that there's anything not listed here that I've been eager to read (at least, nothing that comes to mind immediately).

Comments

Popular Posts