Thoughts on the Course Assignments

(The Mid-Semester Homework Feeling, The Homework Workload)

After reading through the assignments description, my first impression is that the class seems like a lot of weekly work, but then I remind myself that 5-6 hours a week on homework for a class isn't unreasonable!  (It just seems like more because we don't have class meetings.) I think the assignment that I'm most intrigued by is the Storytelling assignment, since I love stories and writing so much.  I'm hopeful that I'll be able to be creative with that assignment--I'm not used to retelling stories, because usually I make up my own.  I should be able to use the fiction writing skills that I've been working on in my creative writing classes, though!  The most interesting extra credit option to me is probably the Microfiction option, since I've experimented with flash fiction a little already, and I want to keep trying my hand at that.

Comments

Popular Posts