Storybook Favorites: Blog Ideas

For this assignment, I selected three different storybook blogs from previous semesters of this class to use as inspiration for my own project.


Storybook Blog 1: "Dogs of Mythology" 

(Link: https://sites.google.com/view/afrancadogsofmythology/introduction)

The title of this blog made it clear immediately what the topic of the blog focused on, which was quite helpful.  In fact, I clicked on this blog because I love dogs and other animals, so the title of the blog immediately caught my eye as potentially interesting.  The Home page of this blog confirmed the topic by displaying a large picture of the author's pet dogs.  I thought that strategy was a good example of a way to use the physical layout of the page to keep readers from clicking away--if the Home page had shown something else, like a picture of nature or a building, I probably would have lost interest.  


Storybook Blog 2: "Wizarding World Tales"

(Link: https://sites.google.com/view/hogwarts-tales/home)

Although the title of this blog does not mention the words "Harry Potter" anywhere, as a fan of the series, I could instantly tell that this blog was about Harry Potter because of the phrase "Wizarding World" in the title.  It seems to me that the title is often an important way to inform people of your topic.  Once again, the Home page of the blog did not disappoint my expectations.  The Introduction information on the first page was very helpful for explaining how the author was combining Harry Potter characters and stories with mythology and folklore.  I felt like I knew exactly what to expect.


Storybook Blog 3: "The Diary of a Dog"

(Link: https://sites.google.com/site/emilysfables/introduction)

At first, I thought that this blog would be similar in content to the first blog that I wrote about above--that is, mythology/folklore through the viewpoint of animals observing the story.  However, the Introduction page to this blog makes the precise topic clear immediately.  Because the author decided to retell fables from the perspective of her dog, through a diary format, she needed to establish the personality of her dog as the main character.  By including photos and fun facts about her dog, I was able to familiarize myself with the dog before reading any of the stories, which made them both more engaging and less confusing.

Comments

Popular Posts